The Program provides professional, efficient and qualified wildland fire management to the Camp Williams Military Installation. This provides on Base fire response throughout the duration of Utah’s wildland fire season. The Camp Williams resources also provide initial attack suppression to fires that occur in UFA Communities that have the potential of impacting the Base. They also participate in community education and wildland fire mitigation work on the Base.
The Camp Williams Program provides the following services:
- Wildland fire initial & extended attack for Camp Williams and surrounding UFA communities. Program staffs a task force of wildland engines for fire response
- Wildland fire mitigation services in areas with an increased risk of wildfire
- Wildland fire educational outreach programs
- Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) development for Camp Williams and surrounding areas
- Wildland fire training for the Utah National Guard and UFA Operations resources
- Qualified and experienced Incident Commanders and overhead personnel for local wildfire incidents
- Specialized wildland fire management consultation for Camp Williams Military Installation and the UFA jurisdiction
For more information on the Camp Williams Division, see full budget document below.