Board Meetings and Minutes
UFA operates as an independent fire authority under the direction of a 17-member Board of Directors. Each of the municipalities served by the UFA appoints one elected official from their municipality to serve on the UFA Board of Directors. Salt Lake County appoints one elected official from the County Council and either the County Mayor or a Deputy/Associate Deputy Mayor to the Board. The Board normally meets on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 am in the Board Room at the Administration/EOC located at 3380 S. 900 W.
In addition to the regular Board Meetings, the UFA Board operates three subcommittees to assist with effective an efficient governance:
- Compensation and Benefits: Reviews all wages and benefits in preparation for the budget process. Makes recommendations to the Finance Committee.
- Finance: Receives the initial presentation of the proposed budget from Staff and makes a recommendation to the full Board of Directors to approve the tentative budget in May.
- Governance: Reviews issues related to the Interlocal Agreement and Board Policies. Makes recommendations to the full Board of Directors.
Each of the three committees operate as a public meeting subject to the open meetings laws, however, by policy they only make recommendations to the full Board for consideration.
To receive notification of UFA public meetings, please visit the Utah Public Notice website and follow these instuctions:
- After searching for a notice of the public body, click on any posting for that public body.
- This page gives the notice details. On the right side of the public notice, details are the subscription options.
- To subscribe to a public body, select the type of subscription you want (RSS Feed or email). By subscribing to a public body, you will be notified of any new notices as well as any updates to current notices published on the website for that public body.