About Information Outreach
The goal of Information Outreach (IO) is to improve the safety and well-being of the public through proactively communicating UFA’s Vision, Mission and Values with internal and external stakeholders.
Information Outreach accomplishes this through:
- Reputation and Brand Management
- Media Relations
- Internal Communications
- Social Media Strategy
- Website Management
- Community Relations & Education (Station Tours, Community Events, CERT Classes, CPR Classes)
Director of Communications
- Pitched 33 proactive stories to media aimed at improving the safety of our residents.
- Gained 383 total media mentions, with dozens occurring by out of state and national media during our deployments to California and Oregon
- Produced 12 “Questions for the Chief” videos to help address concerns from employees
- Produced podcasts aimed primarily at internal audiences that had 7,233 total downloads.
- Creatively found solutions to continue recognizing and honoring our employees during COVID-19
Social Media Results (followers)
- Instagram: (4,175) 33% increase
- Twitter: (13,265) 33% increase
- Facebook: (13,361) 9% increase
- YouTube: (2,340) 616% increase
- Website bounce rate 58.7%
- 192,875 page views
- 70 community articles posted
- 312 tours and off-site visits or drive-bys
- Events: 153 staffed community events
Additional accomplishments from 2010 Action Items
- Successfully planned and held Class 53 graduation via live stream due to COVID-19
- Became proficient and hosting monthly ZOOM board meetings
- Hosted Zoom only vacation draw
- Provided funeral support to one member and one retiree death.
- Promoted department recruitment that saw 902 individuals subscribed to the 2020 interest list.
- Hosted two social-distanced workshops at Fire Training for 80 potential recruits
- Launched a new video series “Where Did Your Journey Begin” to promote working at UFA.
FY21/22 Action Items
- Support the Liaison program to improve monthly reports to reflect UFA’s month to month efforts with information that our communities want most
- Improve community posts to our website and provide critical information to our communities via social media during emergency events
- Use social media tools, pitches to local media and the creation of videos to highlight the different services that UFA can provide to our communities
- Target diverse communities with fire safety programs like apartment safety, etc.
- Create materials to market working at UFA that can reach diverse populations
- Produce a bi-monthly podcast targeting improved mental health of our employees