About Information Outreach
The goal of Information Outreach (IO) is to improve the safety and well-being of the public through proactively communicating UFA’s Vision, Mission and Values with internal and external stakeholders.
Information Outreach accomplishes this through:
- Reputation and Brand Management
- Media Relations
- Internal Communications
- Social Media Strategy
- Website Management
- Community Relations & Education (Station Tours, Community Events, CERT Classes, CPR Classes)
Director of Communications
- Pitched 28 proactive stories to media aimed at improving the safety of our residents
- Gained 213 total media mentions
- Produced 12 “Questions for the Chief” podcasts to help address concerns from employees
- Reformatted and held 9 promotion ceremonies that honored our employees. Held a “changing of the guard” ceremony for UFA’s new Chief. Reformatted and held an awards ceremony to highlight outstanding performance by our employees. Social Media Results (followers)
- Instagram: (6314) 9% increase
- Twitter: (14,900) 2% increase
- Facebook: (14,965) 7% increase
- YouTube: (6870) 45% increase
- Website bounce rate 60%
- 91,000 total hits to UFA web page
- Highest traffic sections are fireworks restrictions and recruitment
- Held five community pancake breakfasts attended by more than 2000 people
- Scheduled 115 school and church visits by UFA crews
- Held 220 station tours
- Events: 210 staffed community events
Additional accomplishments from 2022 Action Items
- Successfully planned and held Class 55 graduation live, created a video production of the event for those who could not attend
- PIOs successfully hosted monthly Zoom board meetings
- Hosted a hybrid/Zoom vacation draw
- Held a Centennial celebration banquet for our employees.
- Redesigned a new badge for UFA Personnel after the Centennial
- Developed a new badge for our sworn employees
- Worked with YouTube to monetize the UFA YouTube channel, bringing in hundreds in revenue to be applied directly towards further content delivery to our communities
FY23/24 Action Items
- Increase the quality and quantity of community interest-centered video production. This will include safety focused videos, recruitment videos and incident-related videos.
- Review web trends and prepare a report on the current effectiveness of the UFA website and project a horizon for a redesign.
- Use social media tools, pitches to local media and the creation of videos to highlight the different services that UFA can provide to our communities
- Continue work with fire prevention and the medical division to help communicate Community Risk Reduction efforts
- Create materials to market working at UFA that can reach diverse populations
- Review and improve internal recognition ceremonies and gatherings.